- Support via donation
Donation for the food cart
What is our dream?
We want to build the first fast food cart in Latvia that serves traditional Latvian and Ukrainian dishes. It will be based in the community of Mežinieki (Ķekava region, municipality of Plakanciems, "Dižauļi").
How did we come up with the idea?
A Ukrainian family from Kupyansk, Kharkiv region - Serhii, Lidia and Artem - lived in Mežauļi together with Raimonds, Līga, Maija and Marta from Jun-2022 till Mar-2023. As the two ladies worked together in the kitchen every day, preparing meals for their families and friends, they realised that food is a wonderful way to convey to others their love and gratitude for the fact that they had met and could be together with their families under a peaceful sky.
The cart will also be an opportunity for Lidia to work part-time, because she will continue to take care of her special child, her son Artem, whilst working in the cart.
How will it happen?
We want to build an 18-square-meter wooden structure by May 2023, where Latvian and Ukrainian cuisine will be prepared. We want to lead the construction ourselves utilising professionals as consultants when necessary.
What are our values?
- high-quality, natural, lovingly prepared food is the basis for a well-fed person;
- everything that will be served will be handmade;
- always fresh ingredients will be sourced from regional (Ķekava region) producers when possible or from local producers otherwise;
- vegetarians/vegans, those who are not allowed to eat eggs or gluten - yes, we're only too familiar with the feeling that often there is "nothing suitable" on the menu, so we will always think of you in creating the menu;
- we have ideas on solving/reducing pollution related to disposable dishes, we will try to implement them as much as possible;
- sometimes bad things happen in the world, but we believe that our cart could be a small island where everyone can simply be a good person.
How much money do we need?
We have calculated that we need 5000 EUR for the materials of the cart, specialist consultations and the purchase of minimum equipment.
How can you help?
Donate to our project and receive a thank you gift in return:
- for a 20 EUR donation - a special mug;
- for a 50 EUR donation - a special mug + a gift card for four servings of vareniki;
- for a 100 EUR donation - a special mug + a gift card for a proper lunch for four people.
Please note that by donating to the project you become a FRIEND of the cart, and we shall save your personal data (name, surname, e-mail, phone number) in our database in order to inform you about our progress and nice events we are planning, including an invitation to the great launch party of the cart. And we believe that it will happen this May!